Re: [Nolug] installing gnu compiler

From: Chris Bloch <blochsound_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:38:19 -0800 (PST)

Libranet? I will look into it.
   This was actually my girlfriend's box that I built
her, and so the PRIME consideration was ease of use.
Mandrake was the only install that automatically
configured the right sound card, network and video out
of lycoris, an older mandrake, knoppix, and ark (which
wouldn't even boot)

Likewise, these same distro's didn't configure on my
box. I couldn't even get mandrake to boot, on my semi
new computer. The main problem has been getting sound
out of my intel i810 chipset which does not get
configured right on any distro. I trashed gentoo
which was GREAT except for this. If I could have
fixed it I would have stuck with it, just because
installing software was so easy.

Please give me more suggestions for friendly distros.