Re: [Nolug] installing gnu compiler

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:03:04 -0600

Chris Bloch <blochsound@yahoo.com> writes:

I have gentoo and got i810 audio working.
I did it with alsa and with built-in kernel drivers.
The latter is very easy "modprobe i810_audio" Just add
"i810_audio" to /etc/modules.autoload. Then install amixer
to get the volume up.

Don't give up so easily. I'll bet your boxes can run under
ANY distro. Libranet is debian with a friendlier face.
If you liked gentoo's software install, you'll love libranet
and the joy of apt-get