Re: [Nolug] WIN98SE ICS Server, Linux Client Help

From: -ray <ray_at_ops.selu.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:49:53 -0600 (CST)

If you manually set the gateway, you prolly set a static ip address. I
think ICS likes DHCP... set your linux box to DHCP and you should get
ip/gw/dns no problem.

Or just look on the windows box, get the DNS servers, and put them in
/etc/resolv.conf on the linux box.

Try to ping something with ip instead of domain name to verify it's a DNS
problem. ie if you can ping 216.109.125.64 but can't ping www.yahoo.com,
then it's dns.

-ray