Re: [Nolug] "automatically" setting file permissions to -rw-rw-rw-

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:52:13 -0600

Scott Harney <scotth@scottharney.com> writes:

oops. also set 'directory mask = 775' to achieve the desired goal.

Here's the commented lines from my (debian) pasted in from smb.conf
; File creation mask is set to 0700 for security reasons. If you want to
; create files with group=rw permissions, set next parameter to 0775.
   create mask = 0700

; Directory creation mask is set to 0700 for security reasons. If you want to
; create dirs. with group=rw permissions, set next parameter to 0775.
   directory mask = 0700

[www]
   comment = web dir
   path = /var/www
   browseable = yes
   writeable = yes
   write list = scotth
   read only = no
   create mask = 0700
   directory mask = 0700
; change the above masks to 775 to make file and directory entries group=rw
; for the /var/www share