[Nolug] Ideas for a FreeBSD presentation at the next meeting (March 20)

From: Brett D. Estrade <estrabd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:33:29 -0800 (PST)

Ok, now that I opened my big mouth, I have been challenged to put my money there.

My strong suit is FreeBSD. I have little time for religious debates, so my main goal is to simply
present information on the aspects I know best:

- installation (via ftp)
- setting up a workstation (essential "dot" files, X, Gnome, ports)
- upgrading
- basic kernel configurations and installation
- why I personally prefer it of other *nix alternatives

They say I have between 30 minutes to an hour. If anyone else who uses *BSD would like to talk
about something, let me know. This includes topics concerning OpenBSD and NetBSD, although those
probably should be covered on another night to get the full coverage they deserve.

I'll try to post my planned presentation on my website a week before the meeting so I can get
feedback.

I am very open to hearing what people are interested in, and I would like to see some fellow
*BSD'ers get involved with this. Thanks.

Brett

=====
I know who stole those lunches...it was that d@mn sasquatch!!!! -- "Billy Madison" (1995)

#! ~/myInfo