Re: [Nolug] ideas to help nolug grow

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:03:36 -0600

At 10:42 AM 2/24/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net> writes:
>
>You guys have done some events as well. an installfest or demo day
>I believe. Tell the group here, if you would, how that was organized.

Actually, it's not difficult to do these. We usually reserve time during
meetings to work on Linux machines, so we haven't had an installfest in a
while. Might need to consider scheduling one. Anyway, all you need are
several volunteers, some tables, a business owner that will volunteer a lot
of space (your local computer store is a good idea), and patience. People
tend to come in burst.

>Didn't realize you were still lurking here. It's good to see you.
>One of these days I want to make it back to a brlug meeting. (it's been
>about 3 years since I went to one of those )

Come on by. I think I saw you post on our mailing list recently so I guess
we are cross-lurking.

---
Dustin Puryear <dustin@puryear-it.com>
Puryear Information Technology