Re: [Nolug] thoughts on using postnuke

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:43:17 -0600

"Brett D. Estrade" <estrabd@yahoo.com> writes:

> I am thinking about using postnuke for a couple of sites I maintain.
> I know it is a fork of phpnuke, and I was wondering how you arrived at
> the decision to use it and what your thoughts are on it. It looks
> good to me, and I am definately leaning towards using myself.

I have used a lot of php/mysql/perl/apache in the past. postnuke is
php/mysql based so that is comfortable. It seems very mature and has
a very active development community. They are working hard on
security.

phpnuke development stalled for quite a while and had some history
with security problems -- hence the fork. Zope is another option. I
have also used (and very much enjoyed) mod_perl use HTML::Mason.
www.masonhq.com Mason would have required more devel time on my part
and Zope is it's own unique world. It was really easy to deploy
postnuke.

by the way, it's hosted on a FreeBSD box. I used the ports build of
postnuke for initial deployment. I grabbed several additional modules
and blocks from postnuke.com. I'm pretty happy with it so far. It
didn't take me too terribly long to do what I have so far. I'm
confident I could write or modify my own postnuke modules(php4) if the
need arises.

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."