Re: [Nolug] nolug web site

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 17:29:31 +0000

Thou spake:
>Hi,
> When I look through the members list at the nolug site, the entries
>seem to go straight across the page as opposed to down to the next line
>for each member.

I saw that. Bad design, IMHO. It could be fixed, but unless someone wants to
code a patch (and submit it to the postnuke developers), I say we just learn
to live with it for now.

> Also, would you add a poll to see if anyone wants to get coffee on
>either this thursday night or next? We could also have a poll to
>determine location with a couple of arbitrary places, a couple in
>jefferson and a couple in orleans.

Before we get into polls, let's bat the coffeeshop idea around on the list a
while.

I suggested coffeeshops as opposed to regular restaurants because most people
wouldn't want to spend $5-10 every month, but they'll probably go for $1-3,
plus a coffeeshop atmosphere is casual, which is the whole point.

I think Metairie is a good place to center around. Can you guys post
suggestions as to acceptable meeting places?

--Joey

>In other news, CUPS did get fixed, I deleted /deb/usb/lp0 and recreated
>it using:
>
> mknod lp0 c 180 0
>
>thanks for the help.

I'd rather crash a Ford than wreck a Chevy