Re: [Nolug] nolug web site

From: Chris Bloch <zaphod_at_sstar.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:00:06 -0600

Joey Kelly wrote:
> Thou spake:
>
>>Hi,
>> When I look through the members list at the nolug site, the entries
>>seem to go straight across the page as opposed to down to the next line
>>for each member.
>

> I saw that. Bad design, IMHO. It could be fixed, but unless someone wants to
> code a patch (and submit it to the postnuke developers), I say we just learn
> to live with it for now.

ok, so not a problem with config in other words.

>> Also, would you add a poll to see if anyone wants to get coffee on
>>either this thursday night or next? We could also have a poll to
>>determine location with a couple of arbitrary places, a couple in
>>jefferson and a couple in orleans.
>

> Before we get into polls, let's bat the coffeeshop idea around on the list a
> while.

we have already kind of talked about it. Let's talk about it again. Who
would be amenable to getting together to chit-chat in a less formal setting?

> I suggested coffeeshops as opposed to regular restaurants because most people
> wouldn't want to spend $5-10 every month, but they'll probably go for $1-3,
> plus a coffeeshop atmosphere is casual, which is the whole point.
>
> I think Metairie is a good place to center around. Can you guys post
> suggestions as to acceptable meeting places?

The money thing is cool.........but I don't know how many people live in
jeff vs orleans. I live in orleans but it's a small drive either way.

--
Chris Bloch
(504) 669-1417