Re: [Nolug] nolug web site

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:40:31 -0600

"Clint M. Sand" <schwack@neotrance.dyndns.org> writes:

> content system type things. Its so bloated that though its quick to
> implement and update, its often confusing to find anything; endless
> links that go nowhere. I'll check out the calendar next time. I also
> however, was surpised that there wasn't any post the week of the meeting
> saying "Remember thursday's meeting is on $foo, see you there". There
> was a few "see you there"'s, but thats about it.

True. A story post the week of is a good idea.

> Maybe in addition to generic nolug flyers, I should do one for each
> month which advertises the actual presentation. Hrm...

What I'd like to do is dynamically generate a flyer taking the info
out of the DB for the calendar entry and plugging it into a generic
flyer. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Of course that means the flyer
needs to in HTML. Although I may be able to dynamically gen PDF
From PHP as well.

I eliminated a lot of stuff out of postnuke in an effort to make the
site cleaner. Hope it's working.

> Actually, a friend of mine was in charge of the vendor contact/freebe's
> for the atlanta lug. She has a text file she'll give me off all the
> distro contacts and what they'll do for you. I'll get it from her an see
> what happens.
>
> I dont' want to step on anyone's toes here so, if someone else is
> already doing this for the lug, let me know and i'll forward the file on
> to you.

Either way. If we can secure a location then we can divvy up the
contact list and get it rolling.

> I'm somewhat of an OpenBSD zealot. I'm more than willing to do a
> presentation on OpenBSD in general, or any single aspect of it. We
> should probably wait for 3.3 to come out though (early may) so i can
> include all the cool new features.

I am too. I've been using it as a firewall/http proxy/wireless access
point with IPSEC on a PI-75 for a few years now. How about
a September meeting with this topic? 3.3 should be out by then
and we have some other topics in line as well.

Talk about altq and authpf as well. pf is incredible.

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."