Re: [Nolug] Flyers for Nolug - questions

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:46:37 +0000

Clint,

While you are certainly welcome to design a flyer (actually, I hope you do,
because my design stinks), I already did that. I need to convert it from an
evil file format, which hopefully will be done this week. All I'm going to be
able to do is put it in a gif or jpeg format, though, as I don't have
PDF-creation ability.

I already made mention of BSD and open source software (and even Mac OSX) on
the flyer.

As an aside, apparently flyers (fliers?) work, because I put a stack at Micro
PC and one of the first-timers at the meeting came because someone passed a
flyer on to him.

--Joey

Thou spake:
>A few questions.
>
>Before i start on this, i want to make sure what i'm working on is
>appropriate for what you guys are into.
>
>Sometime back, i check on www.openbsd.org/groups.html and found:
>
>New Orleans *BSD User Group
>Louisiana
>krzeszut@cs.uno.edu
>
>Since I primarily focus on BSD, I emailed the contact for additional
>info and was informed that the New Orleans BSD User Group was actually
>the same thing as nolug. That since the numbers were small, the nolug
>list was willing to discuss not only linux topics, but any free unix or
>bsd flavor as well.
>
>So for the flyers, besides advertising it as a linux enthusiast group,
>does anyone mind if i make that "linux and *bsd" and include both the
>typical bsd logo's along with the penguin?
>
>Clint

I'd rather crash a Ford than wreck a Chevy