Re: [Nolug] nolug web site

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:55:19 +0000

Thou spake:

< random snips>

>Actually, I already do flyer runs to promote my wife's club nights in
>the french quarter, and my band's shows, there's no reason i couldn't
>also include nolug flyers. I will volunteer to make a few different
>flyers for the group and post them soon.

Way cool! Thanks!

Heh, now I'm sure you make better layouts than I do ;-)

>Well, from my experience booking bands here, there is actually a very
>certian advantage to being in New Orleans. People *WANT* to come here. I
>would imagine there are speakers we can get and just promise to take
>them out for crawfish, and they'd be all over it. Marty (who developes
>Snort) is someone i've met before and can certianly ask him.

Hmm... I guess living here makes me forget the draw that this place has among
tourists.

>Actually, a friend of mine was in charge of the vendor contact/freebe's
>for the atlanta lug. She has a text file she'll give me off all the
>distro contacts and what they'll do for you. I'll get it from her an see
>what happens.
>
>I dont' want to step on anyone's toes here so, if someone else is
>already doing this for the lug, let me know and i'll forward the file on
>to you.

No one that I'm aware of is even thinking about this. It's really what we
need, though. Can we work together on this? I'd love to attract
vendors/authors/programmers/ranters to nolug.

>I'm somewhat of an OpenBSD zealot. I'm more than willing to do a
>presentation on OpenBSD in general, or any single aspect of it.

Great!

I'd rather crash a Ford than wreck a Chevy