Re: [Nolug] meeting topic story on website.

From: Clint M. Sand <schwack_at_neotrance.dyndns.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:26:37 -0600

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 11:09:21AM -0600, Craig Jackson wrote:
> I think a good topic would be package managers, such as apt, emerge,rpm,
> and even non-dist related ones like relink and stow. Does anyone have
> experience using these? I'd like to know if anyone has experience using
> apt on redhat. The subject can get a little complicated, esp when
> building from source, changing configure options, compile options, etc
> etc. 2 pennies.

I tried apt on redhat. Its actually frightening how similar it is to apt
in debian. It's syntax and functionality is identicle.

However, they dont' have many packages yet. And, its totally insponsered
and supported by rh themselves, if that bothers you.

If you do get someone to do a package managers presentation, I'll do
that bsd ports, and pkg_* part. :D

Clint