Re: [Nolug] Flyers for Nolug - questions

From: Chris Bloch <zaphod_at_sstar.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:58:22 -0600

Clint M. Sand wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 10:46:37AM +0000, Joey Kelly wrote:
>
>>Clint,
>>
>>While you are certainly welcome to design a flyer (actually, I hope you do,
>>because my design stinks), I already did that. I need to convert it from an
>>evil file format, which hopefully will be done this week. All I'm going to be
>>able to do is put it in a gif or jpeg format, though, as I don't have
>>PDF-creation ability.
>

> I've been doing flyers and tour posters for years. For an example of my
> work, here's a flyer i just did for a concert coming up. Looks really
> nice at full color glossy from kinko's, if i make something that is this
> eye catching for the list, and we put them up, i guarantee the list will
> grow immediately.

That is a good looking flyer.

I work at Royal Mail and Parcel on Metairie Rd. We do copies there, and
I would be willing to make the copies for flyers and get them ready for
meetings, or meet the distributors, as well as put up a stack. I worked
for tipitina's flyering when I first moved here for a little while and I
  can make a list of places to drop off/staple. I think record stores,
coffee shops, universities, would be good places to start. If anyone
has any suggestions about where to put them, I will be happy to add them
to my list.

Black and white costs I can cover, but color would get expensive. We
have a canon imageclass at work and the wholesale cost on the copies are
  $.33 so any bulk number will get expensive.

Chris Bloch