Re: [Nolug] Cox's idea about fighting spam

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:05:39 -0500

--Boundary-02=_E2U6+sbqEur/JuR

Excuse me for having a job and a life and skimming threads and waiting to=20
catch up. At least a discussion about ports and protocols is somewhat on=20
topic....

On Thursday 12 June 2003 03:18 am, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 19:29, LinuxLaw wrote:
> > Charles Jouglard wrote:
> > >Tim,
> > >
> > >Wow, a very bold statement to make without any data to back up your
> > >assumptions and presumptions.
> > >
> > >I resent your statement and I realize this is not the forum to debate
> > > these types of "feelings".
> > >
> > >Just because our technicians may not work on Linux boxes does not make
> > > us any less friendly. When was the last time you let your DSL provid=
er
> > > touch your computer?
> > >
> > >BTW, where do you work? Perhaps I have a beef I'd like to air about
> > > your place of business.... Of course, I'd only do so if I had hard
> > > facts to backup my statements.
>
> [snip]
>
> > Charles,
> >
> > 1. Your response above sounds alot like a threat. My advice to you is:
> > do not threaten anyone or say anything that sounds like a threat -- in
> > cyberspace or real space. If you don't like people to speak their minds
> > about IT issues or you take these comments personally, then that's your
> > problem -- not our problem -- not the list's problem -- not NOLUG's
> > problem. You are clearing trying to censor certain voices. You are
>
> [snip]
>
> Hey, Tim was pretty bold and arrogant in his statements. Those of us
> on the "political organisation" thread were slapped down pretty hard,
> and we kept it civil. Tim absolutely did not.
>
> So, where's the outrage at Tim? Where's the "drop the thread, you're
> chasing people off" post to him about his rude and crude comments?
>
> Talk about a fscking double standard...

=2D-=20
Scott Harney <scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."
gpg key fingerprint=3D7125 0BD3 8EC4 08D7 321D CEE9 F024 7DA6 0BC7 94E5

--Boundary-02=_E2U6+sbqEur/JuR

--Boundary-02=_E2U6+sbqEur/JuR--