Re: [Nolug] Cox's idea about fighting spam

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 03:18:25 -0500

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 19:29, LinuxLaw wrote:
> Charles Jouglard wrote:
>
> >Tim,
> >
> >Wow, a very bold statement to make without any data to back up your
> >assumptions and presumptions.
> >
> >I resent your statement and I realize this is not the forum to debate these
> >types of "feelings".
> >
> >Just because our technicians may not work on Linux boxes does not make us
> >any less friendly. When was the last time you let your DSL provider touch
> >your computer?
> >
> >BTW, where do you work? Perhaps I have a beef I'd like to air about your
> >place of business.... Of course, I'd only do so if I had hard facts to
> >backup my statements.
[snip]
> Charles,
>
> 1. Your response above sounds alot like a threat. My advice to you is:
> do not threaten anyone or say anything that sounds like a threat -- in
> cyberspace or real space. If you don't like people to speak their minds
> about IT issues or you take these comments personally, then that's your
> problem -- not our problem -- not the list's problem -- not NOLUG's
> problem. You are clearing trying to censor certain voices. You are
[snip]

Hey, Tim was pretty bold and arrogant in his statements. Those of us
on the "political organisation" thread were slapped down pretty hard,
and we kept it civil. Tim absolutely did not.

So, where's the outrage at Tim? Where's the "drop the thread, you're
chasing people off" post to him about his rude and crude comments?

Talk about a fscking double standard...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a  |
| hotel with a bunch of journalists in it."                 |
|     Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired)          |