Re: [Nolug] Cox's idea about fighting spam

From: LinuxLaw <linuxlaw_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:29:39 -0400

Charles Jouglard wrote:

>Tim,
>
>Wow, a very bold statement to make without any data to back up your
>assumptions and presumptions.
>
>I resent your statement and I realize this is not the forum to debate these
>types of "feelings".
>
>Just because our technicians may not work on Linux boxes does not make us
>any less friendly. When was the last time you let your DSL provider touch
>your computer?
>
>BTW, where do you work? Perhaps I have a beef I'd like to air about your
>place of business.... Of course, I'd only do so if I had hard facts to
>backup my statements.
>
>Charles Jouglard
>Senior System Engineer
>Cox Communications LoUiSiAna, LLC
>(504) 390-4432

Charles,

1. Your response above sounds alot like a threat. My advice to you is:
do not threaten anyone or say anything that sounds like a threat -- in
cyberspace or real space. If you don't like people to speak their minds
about IT issues or you take these comments personally, then that's your
problem -- not our problem -- not the list's problem -- not NOLUG's
problem. You are clearing trying to censor certain voices. You are
clearly trying to suppress the free flow of thoughts and ideas. This
does not surprise me as you work for a monopoly that is accustomed to
getting its way. Do not try to censor what we have to say or what we
think. Do not make this personal, because you will lose that battle. Is
this thread about Linux? You bet. Why? because Cox is a big gateway to
the internet and Linux without the internet isn't really Linux is it?
Linux is about control -- it's about putting power back into the hands
of the user -- I get the feeling that Cox isn't too keen about putting
any power or control into the hands of the consumer -- Cox probably haa
alot in common with Microsoft, whom they just so happen to support!

2. Here are some consumer complaints -- would you care to respond? I'm
sure everyone on the list wold love to know how Cox handled the below
complaints/customers.

  Cox Cable - Internet Service

SITE GUIDE <http://www.consumeraffairs.com/index.html>
Aging & Disability <http://www.consumeraffairs.com/age/aging.htm>