Re: [Nolug] Spam and Virus Protection

From: Brad N Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:34:19 -0500 (CDT)

> (Netware in
> this case) was such a pain to work with.

This can be/is true sometimes. We don't have any support contracts with
Novell as they would be most benificial when trying to fix or
troubleshoot problems or just ask "how-to" questions.

But they do have two free ways of getting support that helps me to
resolve 98% of any problems.
The first is their knowledgebase (www.novell.com/support. You can find
most anything there. The other is news group forums where you are
sometimes talking directly to Novell developers and engineers.
These are two very handy services with loads of information.

> Never went to 5.1, no one could justify the cost after just moving to
> 5.0.
Yeah, I can see that, fortunately for us we pay a fee each year and
we pretty much have access to any software we want, from Novell.

> Well that's nice to hear. It sounds like you all have a very sweet
> setup out there!
It is a very nice setup, it's not perfect, but everything runs pretty
well.

Brad B