Re: [Nolug] Spam and Virus Protection

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:00:16 -0500

And now let us all remember RAV, an excellent anti-virus and spam tool that
is pretty much dead for us UNIX-types. Man I love that software. Too bad
Microsoft bought them. I need to start finding an alternative myself..

At 04:28 PM 7/9/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>I've heard a lot about SpamAssassin, but not much about virus protection
>programs. I am looking for a solution which will do both (together or
>separate programs if they can work together). Any suggestions? I ran
>across something called Messagewall that supposedly does both. Anyone
>heard of that? Do you think that a open source program would be
>effective in detecting viruses or that I should go with a commerce
>solution?
>
>Ideally, I'm looking for something that scans emails for spam and virus
>before the user can pop their email. Since most viruses come through
>email, this should reduce the need for pc protection programs such as
>Norton.
>
>Thanks ahead of time for any input.
>
>Kent Busbee (buz)

---
Dustin Puryear <dustin@puryear-it.com>
Puryear Information Technology, LLC <http://www.puryear-it.com>
Providing expertise in the management, integration, and
security of Windows and UNIX systems, networks, and applications.