[Nolug] Spam and Virus Protection

From: J. Kent Busbee, Jr. <buz_at_penwel.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:28:02 -0500

I've heard a lot about SpamAssassin, but not much about virus protection
programs. I am looking for a solution which will do both (together or
separate programs if they can work together). Any suggestions? I ran
across something called Messagewall that supposedly does both. Anyone
heard of that? Do you think that a open source program would be
effective in detecting viruses or that I should go with a commerce
solution?

Ideally, I'm looking for something that scans emails for spam and virus
before the user can pop their email. Since most viruses come through
email, this should reduce the need for pc protection programs such as
Norton.

Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Kent Busbee (buz)