Re: [Nolug] Using RH9 as a router and nat firewall

From: Tim Kelley <tpk_at_23rdward.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:03:35 -0500

On Friday 11 July 2003 5:40 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 16:34, Tim Kelley wrote:

> If someone cracks your machine, he has access to all of your
> files.

Well, regardless, if you're running a public server, whether it is a
firewall or behind one, there's no real difference. If you weren't
running anything publicly accessible there would be a point.

For example, i am running smtp, dns, http, https, pop3s; all accessible
to the public. In my little case it makes just as much sense to run my
firewall on my "server". If someone were to break into my network
somehow it would be the same.

--
Tim Kelley
tpk at 23rdward dot org