Re: [Nolug] weekend computer job?

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:55:31 -0500

At 04:18 PM 7/17/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>>I have 0 certifications so such a thing is possible. (I do have a
>>B.S. in CS from UNO.)
>I have Linux+ and Network+. I got them because it emhasizes exactly what I
>want to do to prospective employers. But I'd rather have a BS in CS -- too
>bad I don't have the time to do that.

This might be a good thread for others on this list..

Craig, have you found your Linux+ and Network+ certifications to be helpful
in finding employment or getting raises? Would you recommend these
certifications to people just starting out in the field? Are the
certifications expensive to take? How much did you have to study to pass
them? Have you considered certifications such as the LPI and RHCE?

---
Dustin Puryear <dustin@puryear-it.com>
Puryear Information Technology, LLC <http://www.puryear-it.com>
Providing expertise in the management, integration, and
security of Windows and UNIX systems, networks, and applications.