Re: [Nolug] Re: Maildir format

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:12:49 -0500

Craig Jackson <craig.jackson@wild.net> writes:

> Yes, I think RFS would be the way to go.

FWIW, XFS is in the 2.6 kernel and, as the filesystem that SGI has on
there servers, is quite good. 64-bit, architecture independent,
logging, etc. I use it on all my new installations. Debian install
CDs for XFS can be had at <http://xfdeb.sf.net/>.

ReiserFS hasn't been around as long, but it works ok for me on my work
box.

I met one of the AIX developers for JFS in Austin. When I asked him
what he thought about JFS vs. XFS, he only said that he wasn't sure
how up-to-date the Linux code for JFS was and that they had fixed
several bugs in the AIX branch since making the contribution.

I'm leary of ext3fs if only because XFS is such a solid filesystem.
I especially like how they keep meta-data (e.g. quotas, journals) as
meta-data rather than "special" files.

> Interesting that you use exim. That's what I use also. But I haven't
> set it up with virtual domains (as I have with qmail and sendmail),
> how much of a pain is it to do?

Ummm... None?

I use LDAP, so I just do a lookup in the LDAP server to map email
addresses to paths on the file systems.

Mark.

--
As long as you have mystery you have health; when you destroy mystery
you create morbidity.			     -- G.K. Chesterson