Re: [Nolug] re:Help!!

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 26 Jul 2003 09:28:40 -0500

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 23:01, Craig Matthews wrote:
> Hell yeah!!! ok so i went in and did the 'xf86config' with the lower case
> instead of the uppercase (two different things). In there I moslty hit
> enter, so it would use default things. But in the graphics part, I used the
> conservative options, and now i cam back in my linux box...Hooray!!
> Everything is a bit larger now and if someone could happen to know how to
> change the resolution, that would be great. I think I am going to install
> the drivers for the nvidia graphics card that I have, and try all over. Now
> that I know how to fix it. Thanks for all the help, and if anyone else has
> anyother helpers, let me know.
> -Craig

I can send you my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, which is set up for the "nv"
driver, and another version which is configged for the "nvidia"
binary driver. Installing *that*, plus the support libraries should
be dead easy. This link should take you to an installer that does
everything for you:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-4363.html
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-4363/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363.run

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |