RE: [Nolug] Mimedefang and ClamAV

From: J. Kent Busbee, Jr. <buz_at_penwel.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:31:52 -0500

I had said:
> After much compiling/installing/reinstalling I have got a
> test system up with sendmail/mimedefang/spamassassin/clamav.
> Besides the fact that sendmail is overcomplicated and
> requires recompiles for any changes, I have had trouble with
> Mimedefang recognizing clamav. Other than that it seems to
> work well, mimedefang and spamassassin.
>
> Why won't mimedefang recognize the installed and running
> (clamd) clamav? When I do a ./configure in
> /tmp/mimedefang-2.35 it says not antivirus software found???
> BTW, clamscan seems to work great.

After doing a 'make distclean' in the mimedefang install directory, the
./configure finally recognized clamav and clamd. So I then did a make
and make install and all is well after a reboot. It detected a virus
and rejected the email.

Here is where I got the idea from:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2003-January/004302
.html

Thanks to googling.

BTW, what is the 'make distclean' option? I realized that it had
something to do with cleaning out old object files or something, but I
could not find it for the life of me in man of make. I thought there
was some sort of 'make clean', but where can I find the man pages on
'clean' or 'distclean'?