[Nolug] Mimedefang and ClamAV

From: J. Kent Busbee, Jr. <buz_at_penwel.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:40:23 -0500

After much compiling/installing/reinstalling I have got a test system up
with sendmail/mimedefang/spamassassin/clamav. Besides the fact that
sendmail is overcomplicated and requires recompiles for any changes, I
have had trouble with Mimedefang recognizing clamav. Other than that it
seems to work well, mimedefang and spamassassin.

Why won't mimedefang recognize the installed and running (clamd) clamav?
When I do a ./configure in /tmp/mimedefang-2.35 it says not antivirus
software found??? BTW, clamscan seems to work great.

Thanks for any help,

Kent Busbee

(I may try this with the qmail setup next, to see if it is any cleaner)