[Nolug] best excel replacement?

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:01:15 -0500

Does anyone have a favorite spreadsheet program they use in *nix? Excel
is the one program by M$ that I actually like :P, but it's still plagued
with terrible help and that damn paperclip, but I digress...

I know there's Koffice, staroffice, gnumeric (which I've been using and
it's on my last nerve). I need to be able to work with text/CSV files,
make graphs, calculations, and have the files work pseudoperfectly in
excel. My space is limited <800 MB right now with no Gnome or KDE, so
trying one out will require installing a lot of libs, as I've already
done with gnumeric, it is disk/time consuming. I've already got
mail/word apps I'm happy with so I want just one program, not a whole
suite.

Also, anyone ever use Origin for Wind-ws, and know of a suitable
replacement? The more Linux we can use in the lab, the better. TIA

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com