Re: [Nolug] Test of Evolution

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:37:26 -0500

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 20:07, Alex McKenzie wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Whoa! selu.edu blocks outgoing .sh files...
> >
> > On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 13:33, -ray wrote:
> >
> >>Automated Message:
> >>=================
> >>
> >> An attachment was detected with a filetype which
> >> could contain a virus and has therefore been removed.
> >>

> Oh, I love it when they block .zip files, because they could contain a
> virus. I had to send a stack of CAD drawings to a machine shop from my
> university account, and they didn't make it. So I attached each
> drawing, but I could only send 2 attachments per message. Real convenient.

Since Windows loves file extensions so much, you could have renamed
the file to .zipx and it would have gone right on through.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"For me and windows it became a matter of easy to start with,
and becoming increasingly difficult to be productive as time
went on, and if something went wrong very difficult to fix,
compared to linux's large over head setting up and learning the
system with ease of use and the increase in productivity
becoming larger the longer I use the system."
Rohan Nicholls , The Netherlands