Re: [Nolug] Re: SpamAssassin and Dialup

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:16:38 -0500

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

>> Yes... But I use Mail::Audit to deliver my email instead of procmail
>> or some more conventional method.
>
> What's Mail::Audit? A Perl script?

A Perl module that lets you do some simple tests on an email to help
with delivery. You've got to write your own script.

One of the handier bits that goes with it is Mail::ListDetector which
will automatically determine if an email is from a mailing list and
deposit it into a separate folder.

I use a Perl script to test if an email is spam and notify the user
via a Jabber IM when something is put into their main mailbox (if
they request it).

Mark.