[Nolug] Re:

From: Tim Kelley <tpk_at_23rdward.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:25:53 -0500

> Side note, there are a lot of reasons not to take a job at a state agency
> or a university, but one of the positive reasons I can give is
> "Job Stability" you won't have to worry about possibly losing your job
> because the "company" is downsizing. Also, the atmosphere is pretty
> relaxed, we're not *to* crazy about deadlines and such.
> We get K-Time, annual leave and sick leave. K-Time means, if you work
> over time it gets added to K-Time and you can use that instead of your
> Annual leave when you want to take off. Annual and sick leave roll over
> each year.
> Any questions?

<sarcasm>You're right, working for a major corporation is so much better, no
benefits, shitty pay, no security, surrounded by uneducated idiots, and
treated like shit into the bargain! </sarcasm>

Most people in their right mind would prefer to work in a gov agency,
university or something like that. I would ideally prefer working in a
worker-owned co-op myself, but university sounds pretty sweet from here ...