Re: Re: [Nolug] Re:

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:04:44 -0500

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 09:01, jdtiede@bellsouth.net wrote:
> How can anyone who remembers the days of calling Microsoft for
> support think private industry is necessarily better than government?
> From: "Tim Kelley" <tpk@23rdward.org>
> Date: 2003/09/19 Fri PM 04:25:54 EDT
> To: <nolug@joeykelly.net>
> Subject: Re: [Nolug] Re:
>

> > Your slant is showing.
> >
> > What makes working for Civil Service suddenly imbue you with brains,
> > ethics and kindness? Haven't you ever gone down to City Hall?
>
> And this experience is in what way different from calling a major software
> company for "technical support"?

There's more to a company than tech support, and there are more
businesses out there than major software companies...

> Private businesses have all the worst aspects of any other organization, and
> then some. There's a reason Dilbert became so popular, you know - it's all
> true - he really isn't making any of that stuff up.

I promise that you'll find it just as bad (though different) in
the public sector. Along with the relative handful of dedicated
public servants, there are *lots* of idiots and deadheads.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect
liberty when the Government's purposes are beneficent. Men born
to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their
liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning, but
without understanding."
Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)