Re: [Nolug] Re:

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:58:43 -0500

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 08:39, Brad N Bendily wrote:

> > What makes working for Civil Service suddenly imbue you with brains,
> > ethics and kindness? Haven't you ever gone down to City Hall?
>
> This isn't a Civil Service job.

So you can be fired for any arbitrary reason?

> It's a salaried position. Technically your contract has to get
> reapproved every year,

> but I've never heard of ANYONE who didn't
> get their contract renewed (idiot or not).

That's the point. In private industry, idiots get fired eventually
(unless they are clever enough to move into management).

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty: power is ever
stealing from the many to the few. The manna of popular liberty
must be gathered each day, or it is rotten... The hand entrusted
with power becomes, either from human depravity or esprit de
corps, the necessary enemy of the people. Only by continual
oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from hardening
into a despot: only by unintermitted agitation can a people be
kept sufficiently awake to principle not to let liberty be
smothered in material prosperity... Never look, for an age when
the people can be quiet and safe. At such times despotism, like
a shrouding mist, steals over the mirror of Freedom"
Wendell Phillips