Re: Networked refrigerators (was Re: [Nolug] Vint Cerf talk (my notes from his talk at LSU))

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 18:51:46 -0500

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 15:02, mah@everybody.org wrote:
> Quoting Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
>
> > How would it look inside the egg carton to count the eggs?
>
> It doesn't have to. Weight is all that is needed.

Jeez, this is tres complicated. What if my wife puts the milk jug
in the spot where the eggs used to be. (No, we don't put eggs in
the egg holders; they go bad quicker, since the door keeps on being
opened, and the air is warmer.)

And just wait until some of the web of transducers start failing
(so much for wire shelves that let you see in the back of the
fridge) and give you false information.