Re: [Nolug] Re: Networked refrigerators

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 23:00:40 -0500

Alex McKenzie <alex@boxchain.com> writes:

>> This reminds me of the On-Star system that GM or whoever has for
>> your car. I'm betting it wouldn't be too hard to socially-engineer
>> a car door open.
>
> That's hooked in with a satellite system, and has been used to recover
> stolen vehicles. Very quickly -- you've got GPS.

Sure, but, if you can social engineer a car door open, then you can
find the GPS and disable it.

If someone sees an On-Star car with a nice camera inside, all they
need is an open car door, not the whole car.

Mark.

--
Peace is only better than war if peace isn't hell, too.
    -- Walker Percy, "The Second Coming"