Re: [Nolug] Re: Networked refrigerators

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:27:30 -0500

> This reminds me of the On-Star system that GM or whoever has for your car. I'm
> betting it wouldn't be too hard to socially-engineer a car door open.

That's hooked in with a satellite system, and has been used to recover
stolen vehicles. Very quickly -- you've got GPS.

But keyless entry systems, remote start systems...those work on radio
frequencies. I believe the car listens on a very narrow frequency for a
particular signal sequence. Reverse engineering a few keychains should
give lots of direction

It's like the Dead Kennedy's album, Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death.

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com     http://www.boxchain.com