RE: [Nolug] making windows more secure

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:16:16 -0600

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 17:11, Petri Laihonen wrote:
> Even though it is possible to set up windows to retrieve and install all the patches from microstuff automatically, it is not receommended in many cases.
>
> For example one of the latest patches completely screwed up my AVID XpressDV program. After I uninstalled the patch, everything started to work normally.

But, but, but... That can't happen, since a corporation stands
behind Windows!!!!

> Petri
>
> "Chris Reames" <chris@drugfreemro.com> wrote ..
> > You forgot the Backup your registry every time you install new programs.
> > Oh, and my favorite off the wall thingy, Install Windows to a CD-R or
> > RamDrive.
> >
> > I did have a self extracting zip of windows 95 on a bootable CD (small
> > Lab
> > project), that is until I kept haveing to reinstall the newer versions
> > of
> > Office and IE. Pbbbbbth

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty: power is ever
stealing from the many to the few. The manna of popular liberty
must be gathered each day, or it is rotten... The hand entrusted
with power becomes, either from human depravity or esprit de
corps, the necessary enemy of the people. Only by continual
oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from hardening
into a despot: only by unintermitted agitation can a people be
kept sufficiently awake to principle not to let liberty be
smothered in material prosperity... Never look, for an age when
the people can be quiet and safe. At such times despotism, like
a shrouding mist, steals over the mirror of Freedom"
Wendell Phillips