Re: [Nolug] Trouble with mail

From: Ron Johnson <ronjohnsonjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:13:01 -0800 (PST)

--- Scott Harney <scotth@scottharney.com> wrote:
> Ron Johnson <ronjohnsonjr@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > +OK POP3 haggis v2003.83 server ready
> > USER me
>
> Try "USER me@haggis"
>
> > It's like suddenly the popd isn't looking in at /var/mail/me
> > anymore.
>
> So where do the logs say it's looking? Can you disable
> pop3 from inetd and run it in debug mode on the console? Or
> turn up the logging to debug mode to see what happens when you
> connect?

# ipop3d -d
+OK POP3 haggis v2003.83 server ready
USER me@haggis
+OK User name accepted, password please
PASS snarfle
-ERR Bad login

> It may be looking in $HOME/Mailbox or similar. One "cheat" you
> could do is just symlink back to /var/mail/me .

Ah ha!!!! One of the things I did when IMAP was installed was
to have it create a ~/Maildir. 'rmdir Maildir' and all is back
to normal.

I couldn't find any config or log file that specified which
directory it was looking it. :(
looking.

Thanks.