Re: [Nolug] IMAP and performance

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 11:03:49 -0600

At 01:29 PM 10/29/2003 -0600, you wrote:
> > Another thing to consider: Cyrus IMAP. Last I checked, it didn't do
> > virtual domains, but it can handle most anything you need and will
> > probably be faster than other IMAP implementations. Also, it has a
> > built in filter language called Sieve and built-in filter update
> > protocol that, it looks like, the Evolution hackers seem to be
> > working. Search "+site:www.mail-archive.com evolution sieve" on
> > Google.
>
>That's way overkill for just 2 people (4, when the kids get old
>enough). I'll be trying Courier.

Cyrus is a bit more work. However, if you are having problems with large
folders (30K mails in a folder as you mentioned earlier) then you may wish
to look harder at it. I used Cyrus at one site for a while before moving to
Courier. In general I liked it, but there was some kind of bug (I forget
what) that I didn't feel like dealing with at the time.

---
Dustin Puryear
http://www.puryear-it.com