RE: [Nolug] Distro suggestions

From: Pietu <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:35:42 -0600

Is there anything positive/negative to say about Mandrake? ( I know Ron
likes it. )

I've been with RH camp for years and just couple of weeks ago installed
Mandrake on one of my computers. The immediate positive thing I realized
that my video card was supported at least partially. (I haven't got the
second part to work yet tho) The card is Radeon 7500 (All-in-wonder) The
Gatos project for the TV in/out is very iffy, but seems to have RPM's for
Mandrake. KDE 3.1 seems nice.

With RH9 the video card drivers kept the machine locking up every 5-10
minutes. I still use RH7.3 for all my servers. Will see if the hosting
provider makes any offer to go for RH Enterprise for free.