RE: [Nolug] Distro suggestions

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:43:56 -0600 (CST)

So what makes the deb system work for deep upgrades? I remember the
horrors I went through with rpm, especially the snafu of upgrading to
rpm-4. Is deb more flexible about dependencies? Or is it just the
convenience of apt?

My fear with apt is that it'll try to upgrade its way out of dependency
hell, and start breaking things.

I've had bad experiences with Mandrake and simple hardware, like a mouse.
And 8.0 (2.4.3 based) paniced a lot, but that was probably the instability
of that kernel.

--
Alex McKenzie    alex@boxchain.com     http://boxchain.com
<quote who="Ron Johnson">