[Nolug] Debian installation? (topic changed from old one)

From: Pietu <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:11:32 -0600

> On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 09:04, Pietu wrote:
> > I'm still trying to get debian installed.
> >
> > My first three to four hours was spent on not finding 3com
> network card and
> > something called bootstrap and unability to write to harddrive.
> >
> > Perhaps I succeed today and see what's there in the debian world.
>
> Are you installing Woody (i.e., v3.0)? Would you like me to
> help?

Thanks!

I was actually trying to use the CD-installer for "sarge".

I downloaded ISO image for "woody" this morning and got it actually
installed.

What was the quickest way to get the system actually functional with the KDE
installed. At the moment X doesn't start at all. Perhaps it did not install
all necessary stuff for it even though I saw the install process installing
some KDE and Gnome components.

If I remember correctly there was something called apt to download and
install stuff.