[Nolug] mysql & postfix

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:22:50 -0600

Anybody know anything about hooking Postfix up to MySQL?

This is my first experience with Postfix and we're trying to use
MySQL tables for aliases. It works for the first few messages and
then we start getting errors like the following:

Nov 22 16:18:47 ******** postfix/smtpd[9999]: warning: connect to
    mysql server unix:/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock: Can't connect to local
    MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Any idea why this might be? Is there some sort of connection
throttling? A postfix bug?

Mark.

--
Peace is only better than war if peace isn't hell, too.
    -- Walker Percy, "The Second Coming"