Re: [Nolug] Debian is chewing on my head

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:27:49 -0600

On Monday 29 December 2003 09:40, gonzeaux bevarde spake:
> Since my confidence in Red Hat has declined with the announcement of their
> new restructuring (purely my own misguided feelings I’m sure) I decided to
go with Debian Woody, of course)

Wise choice on RedHate.

You need to upgrade to unstable, or whatever it's called. I don't have debian
anymore (it went bye-bye with my old laptop), but someone here can tell you
how to do that. That will give you the 2.4 kernel (you've got a 2.2 now), and
more recent applications.

<snip>

> Secondly, I noticed there’s no /usr/src/linux directory so when I try and
> load the wlan module to get the wireless card working I have no binaries to
point to. I found some resources that suggested how to add this but couldn’t
quite pull it off. Is there a question in the installation that I'm
misunderstanding that's leaving this out or placing them somewhere else by
default?

Probably you'll have to install the kernel sources. I'd wait until you
upgraded, though.

<snip>

> Happy Holidays.
>
> Jack