RE: [Nolug] Microsoft Story of Interest

From: Chris Reames <chris_at_drugfreemro.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:47:56 -0600

Good article, I agree.
I think there is something profoundly ironic that Intel and Microsoft team
up to create something referred to as EFI (ify).

I am intrested in the competitive products by Phoenix, but the Senior Vice
President seems to be a Microsoft dropout.
"Everybody is looking to this...But only when it becomes an industry
standard will the (PC) industry adopt it," said Tim Eades, senior vice
president and general manager of corporate marketing and products at
Phoenix. "When it becomes a standard, we will investigate it."

I guess once it becomes the illegitimate bastard built into the
motherboards, the industry will have to adopt it. Especially if it prevents
Linux from running as the OS. I wonder if Microsoft will put a EFI BIOS
flash in the Longhorn install program. Oooo, Maybe as an undocumented
feature *puke*