RE: [Nolug] How to get rid of lilo?? -- other option

From: James Scott <jhs_technical_at_cox.net>
Date: 14 Feb 2004 10:06:04 -0600

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 15:38, Petri Laihonen wrote:
> [...]
My apologies. I should have realized this issue was related to the SCSI
subsystem. I think your solution should work. Others could have been
to get to the SCSI card (usually but not always available on boot)
utility and choosing not to boot from the SCSI chain at all or changing
drive ID or changing boot order. You are right sometimes one just must
find a work around.
The essence of this issue is there is no drive in the computers BIOS to
control. In a SCSI system the hard drive specs and there boot order is
not listed here. This is in the SCSI subsystem BIOS. The computer BIOS
is read then later the SCSI BIOS. The later information over rides the
earlier in essence.

--
James Scott <jhs_technical@cox.net>