[Nolug] Wanted: Volunteer for NFS/Samba intro/howto

From: Mischa Krilov <subs_at_krilov.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:55:14 -0600

Howdy.

Currently, we've got Tom worked up (read: he found himself volunteered)
to do March's presentation on DNA- er, on DNS. :)

Joey and I are discussing having a screening of 'Revolution OS' for
April's meeting, and getting such an event listed in the Times-Picayune.

It may be a little early to get an April event nailed down, but I'll try
it anyway. I'm thinking about setting up a NFS/Samba server for home
use. Who knows enough about setting up a cross-platform fileserver to
give a presentation for April's meeting? Seems like a good topic that
would draw a number of folk in. (Yes, I know there's a HOWTO.)

Coincidentally, someone has left such a request on the NOLUG wiki as of
this writing: <http://nolug.org/nolugwiki/index.cgi?HelpWanted> Perhaps
we want to do some chronological shuffling?

Mischa.