Re: [Nolug] Dynamic Text

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:37:56 -0600

On Monday 08 March 2004 16:47, Jeff Lee spake:
> Is it possible to do something like this:
>
> Have one long paragrah of data with parts that are changeable but still
> have the paragraph be stored in the includes.inc file
>
> Like:
>
> $someemail = "jeff@think-solutions.com";
>
> $sometext = "This is some sample text which I want to have other things
> included in." $someemail "is my work email address etc.";
>
> SO THAT it would print this:
> This is some sample text which I want to have other things included in.
> jeff@think-solutions.com is my work email address etc.

All you have to do is print the string, enclosed in double-quotes, and it will
evaluate any variables it finds:

$someemail = "jeff@think-solutions.com";

echo "This is some sample text which I want to have other things included in.
$someemail is my work email address etc.";

Use a print statement if you like; I always default to echo.

If you use single-quotes, $someemail is not evaluated.

<snip>

"I may have invented it, but Bill made it famous."
 --- David Bradley, the IBM employee that invented CTRL-ALT-DEL