RE: [Nolug] help with long email threads

From: Pietu <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:28:00 -0600

> Top-posting (what you're suggesting) is evil.

Amen!

And I still can't see what is evil in top, side, inline, bottom posting.
I'll do them all depending on the situation and i have no remorse or
problems with sleeping. :)

> The right way to do it is to trim the other guy's text. Only leave text
that
> is directly relevant to what you're trying to say. Notice the <snip> at
the
> bottom of this email? That's one way to trim your replies. Someone on the
> list uses the term <cut>, which is acceptable.

You don't even have to do that. Just cut it. People who've been
following along know that other things have been said.

If they have a mail reader that can handle threads, the can get back
to the rest of the email to which you are responding.

I think the key is to make the responses clear with for example; spacing.
Location within the mail is less important.

See! no top posting here.
How about in-line and bottom? Jees.
Looks clear on my screen.
How about the miniature screens and other mail clients?