Re: [Nolug] help with long email threads

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:36:12 -0600

"Pietu" <pietu@weblizards.net> writes:

>> Top-posting (what you're suggesting) is evil.
>
> Amen!
>
> And I still can't see what is evil in top, side, inline, bottom posting.
> I'll do them all depending on the situation and i have no remorse or
> problems with sleeping. :)

Hmmmm....

Looks like Outlook 2002.

Some pointers to help you use your email client in a way that doesn't
annoy Linux users (you are on a Linux Users Group mailing list, after
all).

"To use Internet-style quoting in Outlook..."
    http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/quote.htm

"A Beginner's Guide to Effective Email"
    http://www.webfoot.com/advice/email.context.html?Email

"Assorted hints and tips to avoid annoying your readers"
    http://www.employees.org/~lwood/outlook/

"OL2002: Users Can Read Nonsecure E-mail as Plain Text"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307594

Hope that helps.

(This seems like a good thing for a wiki.)

--
A choice between one man and a shovel, or a dozen men with teaspoons
is clear to me, and I'm sure it is clear to you also.