RE: [Nolug] help with long email threads

From: -ray <ray_at_ops.selu.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:42:43 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Pietu wrote:

> You don't even have to do that. Just cut it. People who've been
> following along know that other things have been said.
>
> If they have a mail reader that can handle threads, the can get back
> to the rest of the email to which you are responding.
>
> I think the key is to make the responses clear with for example; spacing.
> Location within the mail is less important.
>
> See! no top posting here.
> How about in-line and bottom? Jees.
> Looks clear on my screen.
> How about the miniature screens and other mail clients?

You should also configure your mail client to prepend a ">" to the line on
any text that you are quoting. In the above, i think the last paragraph
is the only reply text, but to me it looks like it's all coming from the
same person. That's what confused the hell out of me on the original
thread.

ray